- (fare- Rs. 3200 tax- Rs. 225+1100 = total Rs. 4525).
Luckily I checked the fare frm its site. Well this, a fair experience for me coz I know it works like this only…I dnt have much expectations frm it. on my scheduled date by 3 pm I was @ airport. Went to check-in counter n asked 4 aisle seat (this time also, very short ‘Q’, may b coz @ dat time there’s no rush). To my surprise I was awarded aisle seat, seat no. 10C (twice before, I asked 4 my preferences bt, was declined so I nvr I asked again, bt this time I jus did it). Everything went on smoothly, @ 1600 hrs passengers were asked to board the plane (hey, on-time). Now, the real experience was there, the plane was latest1. Aircraft registration no. VT-PPA (if I remember properly), which was delivered to IAL in July itself, (confirmed frm DGCA website). The aircraft was A-321, a 172 seater aircraft. Only 1 aircraft in its fleet ill now. “Air India” written on the plane. Entered the aircraft, saw the seats in economy class, enough leg-space, personalized TV screen. Flight took off nearly on scheduled time, flight time announced as 2.15 hrs for the flight. I will not bore u with wat they in snacks, it was as usual, bt, improved than b4. I would rather like to inform u abt the personalized TV, a touch-screen (can b operated frm handrest) 12 audio & video channels each.
- Video channels - 02 channels showin same stuff.
- channel 1&2 – English movie (Marc Lawrence directed “Music & Lyrics”, with Hugh Grant & Drew Barrymore)
- channel 3&4 – Hindi movie (Abhishek & Aishwarya starrer blockbuster – “Guru”).
- Channel 5&6 – comedy shows (Hindi & English)
- Channel 7&8 – Shows (Travel, sports etc.)
- Channel 9&10 – Music Videos (hindi)
- Channel 11&12 – south Indian songs (may be Kannada, as flight was to blore)
- Audio channels - bear with my very limited knowledge of music.
- Channel 1- Indian classical
- Channel 2- western classical
- Channel 3- Ghazals
- Channel 4- Raga’s
- Channel 5- classical (Tabla)
- Channel 6- classical (Veena)
- Channel 7- combo classical (many instruments)
- Channel 8- Hindi songs (1980-90s)
- Channel 9- Hindi songs (New)
- Channel 10- south Indian songs
- Channel 11- Oldies Hindi songs
- Channel 12- south Indian songs
Well this was all about the entertainment system. A good way to compete head on with Kingfisher Airlines & Jet Airways. The only turn off was that there are too many announcements in b/n (jus too many even, tried to count bt, lost the count). Landing was also on time. B4 leavin the plane I said to an air hostess standing at the doors –“Excellent flight, Thank U”… to b honest I never said so in ny flight, nt even in my fav. Jet Airways (I wonder is Jet still my fav… hv to gv a serious thought).
A couple of suggestions –
- plz announce Air India & not Indian Airlines
- aunties (older than my mom, I can say so, coz my mom still dnt hv ny grey hair) as air hostess… he he he…
A-321 is available on routes Delhi-Mumbai-Thiruvanantpuram-Mumbai-Delhi, Delhi-Chennai-Delhi (02 flights), Delhi-Bangalore-Delhi & Chennai-Singapore-Chennai. Lets wait n watch hw far can this go… ***best of luck*** to it. All this has been my written by my own personal experience.Seed Newsvine Dig the Web!