Friday, December 5, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Just imagine getting the services of Air Charters in the cost of business class air tickets. Yes, this is going to be possible very soon. Till now we only discussed about the low cost model of the scheduled airlines. Today I will discuss about the low cost model in air chartering. Air chartering which was considered to be exclusive, is soon will be in the reach of middle class people. This can be done with VLJs i.e. Very Light Jets (more info about VLJs from wikipedia). There are already a few companies trying to get VLJs in
MyJet & Club One Air are going to start their services soon. In fact, MyJet will offer per seat on demand which is very unique & first of its type in
Watch out for MyJet !!!
Saturday, June 28, 2008
The Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), a body controlling airline operations in India, said dozens of pilots are found to have consumed alcohol during routine pre-medical tests every year.
India is one of the fastest growing aviation markets in the world with dozens of new airlines competing with each other everyday, often resulting in pilots forced to fly at short notices.
The country has about 4,500-5,000 commercial pilots, and another 2,500 are undergoing training. Civil aviation rules specify that pilots and cabin crew cannot consume alcohol 12 hours before taking a flight. A pilot can be grounded for three months and he can lose his license if he repeats the mistake again. Some times flights have to be canceled because of drunken pilots.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
- Inappropriate Infrastructure.
- Charted Flights are not allowed to take off on busy timings.
- Secondary preference given to charted flights.
- Even Indian Corporates love to have discounts in AFO, how these players will overcome that.
- Indians dont love to share thier vehicles, how they will share an aircraft.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
Knowing about my passion for Airlines one of dear friend send me a link. It had all the latest information about the low cost airlines in India. The ailines covered in that article are as follows -
- Air Deccan
- Air India Express
- Jagson Airlines
- MDLR Airlines
- Paramount Airways
I have not even changed the title of the article. Plz click on the title to read brief history of the above said airlines with present situations. Its a beautiful article on rediff.com
Friday, March 7, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
- Four airlines given NOC to operate as Regional Airline – M/s. Star Aviation for Southern Region, Jagson Airlines for Northern Region, M/s. MDLR Airlines Pvt. Ltd., for Northern Region and M/s. Zav Airways for North-East/Eastern Region.
Indiawill become the full-fledged member of the formally by 2009, when the IT Integration and other issues will be completed. Specialized teams at Air Alliance India, Star and its member carriers are now working on the integration process. Alliance
- Approval given by Government to set up
airports in Kannur (Kerala), Navi Mumbai and about the international airport at Jewar, Greater Noida that is under the consideration. Greenfield Government announced the reduction in the sales tax on ATF from 33% to 4%. Andhra Pradesh State
Friday, February 8, 2008
Some state governments like Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Maharashtra have also identified as many as 15 airports for development.
Private conglomerates already run some airports like those in Mumbai, Kochi, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Delhi.taken from www.ibef.org
Thursday, January 10, 2008
- What if after the coming General Elections govt. gets changed & it keeps different views than the present one?
- What if the ATF (Aircraft Turbine Fuel) keeps on rising?
- Will the new MD of Air India be able to do what the present is dreaming of?
- Is some other LCC will have the same fate like that of Air Deccan (now known as Simplifly Deccan)?
- Will common man will still be able to take on the skies wit rising fares n taxes?
In the end just hoping that this yr turns out to be excellent one for the Airline Industry.